Since the first publications in (strong) sustainable business models in 2013, FEI members and community have published a continuing stream of applied research, foundational theory and models, and case studies in small and large business contexts.
- Jones, P., Riemer, Manuel, Theriault-Loubier, Gryphon & Spadafore, Brittany. (2022). Shifting Mindsets for Managing Complexity: A Municipal Case Study. Project Report. Flourishing Enterprise Institute, Toronto.
- Waddock, S., Waddell, S., Jones, P.H., & Kendrick, I. (2022). Convening Transformation Systems to Achieve System Transformation. Journal of Awareness-Based Systems Change, 2(1), 77–100. https://doi.org/10.47061/jabsc.v2i1.2023.
- Upward, A., & Davies, S.N. (2019). Strategy Design for Flourishing: A Robust Method. In Rethinking Strategic Management (pp. 149-175). Springer.
- Nicole Norris. (2019). Flourishing Trim Tabs: Designing business models that catalyze strongly sustainable enterprises. OCAD University, Major Research Project.
- Hoveskog, M., Halila, F., Mattsson, M., Upward, A., & Karlsson, N. (2018). Education for sustainable development: Business modelling for flourishing. Journal of Cleaner Production, 172, 4383-4396.
- Lüdeke-Freund, F., Carroux, S., Joyce, A., Massa, L., & Breuer, H. (2018). The sustainable business model pattern taxonomy—45 patterns to support sustainability-oriented business model innovation. Sustainable Production and Consumption, 15, 145-162.
- Kurucz, E. C., Colbert, B. A., Luedeke-Freund, F., Upward, A., & Willard, B. (2017). Relational leadership for strategic sustainability: Practices and capabilities to advance the design and assessment of sustainable business models. Journal of Cleaner Production, 140, 189-204.
- Lüdeke-Freund, F., Freudenreich, B., Schaltegger, S., Saviuc, I., & Stock, M. (2017). Sustainability-oriented business model assessment—A conceptual foundation. In Analytics, Innovation, and Excellence-driven Enterprise Sustainability (pp. 169-206). New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Sonowal, J. (2017) The Hospital as a Business for Flourishing. OCAD University, Major Research Project.
- Peter Jones. (2017). Social Ecologies of Flourishing: Designing Conditions that Sustain Culture. In A. Skjerven & J.B. Reitan, (Eds.) Design for a Sustainable Culture: Perspectives, Practices and Education, pp. 38-54. London: Routledge.
- Schaltegger, S., Hansen, E. G., & Lüdeke-Freund, F. (2016). Business models for sustainability: Origins, present research, and future avenues.
- Elkington, R., & Upward, A. (2016). Leadership as enabling function for flourishing by design. Journal of Global Responsibility.
- Peter Jones. (2015). Designing flourishing societies as a practice of cultural futures. In Relating Systems Thinking and Design (RSD4) 2015 Symposium, 1-3 Sep 2015, Banff, Canada.
- Antony Upward & Jones, P.H. (2014). An ontology for strongly sustainable business models: Defining an enterprise framework compatible with natural and social science. Organization & Environment, 1-27. doi:10.1177/1086026615592933
- Peter Jones & Upward, A. (2014). Caring for the future: The systemic design of flourishing enterprises. In Proceedings of RSD3, Third Symposium of Relating Systems Thinking and Design. Oslo, Norway, October 15-17, 2014.
- Upward, A. (2013). Towards an ontology and canvas for strongly sustainable business models: A systemic design science exploration. Thesis: York University, Toronto.
- Hoeller, N., Goel, A., Freixas, C., Anway, R., Upward, A., Salustri, F., & Miteva, K. (2013). Developing a common ground for learning from nature. Zygote Quarterly, 7, 133-45.
Working on it.